Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SP's

I have never been involved in an SP before and now I am involved in a few, or at least I will be in the next few weeks. However I seem to be having problems with my blog, it seems to be stuck in December when I type in the URL, and not showing my latest bloggs and I don't know how to fix it. I just hope this one arrives in the right place since it has the answers for my SP questions.

SP QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
  1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibres?) Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I have never used Lion Brand or Red Heart yarns, but I do prefer natural or natural/mix yarns. (with a higher % of natural fibres to others).
  2. Do you spin or crochet? I crochet, but I did get a drop spindle starter kit for my Christmas which I still have to try.
  3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I currently store my straigt needles in a narrow material bag( which is too small) and my circular needles and crochet hooks are just loose in the bottom of a box.
  4. How long have you been knitting? Would you concider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for approx 35 years and would concider myself to be intermediate/advanced depends on what it is I'm knitting!
  5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes I have an Amazon one.
  6. What is your favorite scent? (for candles, bath/shower products etc?) Citrus for bath/shower products. Vanilla or spicy for candles.
  7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes I have a sweet tooth and just love anything chocolate.
  8. What other crafts or DIY do you like to do? I don't really do any other crafts at the moment and its usually my husband who does the DIY, I just tell him what to do!!!!
  9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's? I like all sorts of music, mainly easy listening. My favorite artists are Emmy Lou Harris, Eva Cassidy, Bob Dylan, Neil Young (acoustic), Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Runrig, Robbie Williams, KT Tunstall and Scottish/Irish folk music. Yes my computer plays MP3's.
  10. Whats your favorite colour? Any colours you just can't stand? Black, Purple or varigated bright colours. I don't like Yellow or Orange.
  11. Whats your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married to David for 13 years and we have 2 sons, Ronan aged 10 and Robert aged 7. As we live in a flat we do not have any pets. I am a non-smoker. I have an allergy to long haired cats, but for some strange reason not short haired ones!, and 100% acrylic fibers make me itch. I have a wicked sense of humour too!!!! Incase you haven't noticed yet - I can't spell and this appears to be a genetic thing! I have several hobbies, which include tracing my family history, doing historical research of the local area, coaching kids rugby, reading, spending quality time with my family as much as possible. As a family we love to go to the movies, eat out, walk and swim. Both the boys play mini rugby for the local rugby club where I am a coach and the Child Protection Officer. David just comes along to shout encouragement at the boys. After I have done all that I need to find time to work-full time as a psychiatric nurse in a unit for adolecents with mental health issues and as a volunteer member of the Children's Panel in my local area.
  12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens and ponchos? Yes I do wear hats, scarves and mittens. I do have 2 ponchos but they have only been on a few times.
  13. What is your favorite yarns to knit with? I don't really have a favorite yarn, but I do like nice soft yarns.
  14. What fibres do you absolutly NOT like? 100% acrylic
  15. What is your current knitting obsession/s? Don't know if I actually have a current obsession, but I have been knitting a lot of socks recently and am currently knitting myself a shawl.
  16. What is/are your favorite items to knit? Scarves, Socks, Shawls and sweaters.
  17. What are you knitting right now? I am currently knitting myself Stora Dimun Shawl from "Folk Shawls" by Cheryl Oberle. I am using Noro Silk Garden in colourway 232.
  18. Do you like to recieve handmade gifts? Yes I do love to recieve handmade gifts.
  19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I learned to knit on straights so I do tend to do most of my knitting on them but if there are lots of stitches (like with my current project) I will use circulars. For socks I tend to use dpn's.
  20. Do you prefer Bamboo, aluminum or plastic needles? I prefer bamboo or wooden straights and dpn's and Addi turbos if using circulars.
  21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or a swift? I own a yarn winder, but would love a swift, maybe next christmas from my hubby!
  22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me when I was about 6 years old.
  23. How old is your oldest UFO? It must be about 2 months or so old, unless I have not yet unearthed one hidden at the back of a cupboard that I've forgotten about!!
  24. What is your favorite animated character or an animal or bird? I don't really have one but I suppose I do like Winnie the Pooh. My favorite animal, if you could call it that is a dolphin.
  25. What is your favorite holiday? That would have been the first family holiday we had abroad when Robert was about 18 months old. We went to Spain and had a great time. Since then we have spent a lot of time camping and last summer we bought a new 12 man tent, which we plan to use a lot this summer.
  26. Is there anything that you collect? I collect china thimbles.
  27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave, Vogue, and an other thats name escapes me at present. I also buy Simply Knitting and any other knitting magazine that I find in my local bookshop/newsagent.
  28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? There is a list of books on my Amazon wish list. I would also like to get the pattern for the peacock feather shawl and a set of Denise needles ( thats an other christmas pressie I think) and any sock yarns that I can't get in the UK.
  29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? As I got a drop spindle for my Christmas I would like to learn that, also I'd like to learn to Tatt.
  30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your measurements? Yes I am a sock knitter and I prefer short "trainer" type sock as I have a chunky leg!!! I also have wide feet. Length of foot (from back of heel to tip of toe) = 10.5" (27cm), width of foot = 10.5" (27cm). Help I've got a square foot!!!!!!!! Shoe size 7 (UK)
  31. When is your birthday? My birthday is 22nd August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home