Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Knitting update




Today I went into my LYS as I hadn't been in there for a few weeks and guess what she had hanging up? ........Skeins and skeins of Colinette Yarn. WOW the colours and textures were just amazing....Could I resist? Don't be silly, of course I bought some. I bought 2 skeins of Colinette Lasso in colourway Raphael 70, which as you can see is a variegated yarn in purples, pinks, turquoise and blues. There is 205m in each 100g skein, don't know what I am going to knit with it, but one day I will wake up and it will "talk" to me!!!!! I also bought 2 balls of Lana Grossa sock yarn...Yes I know I have lots of sock yarn, but hey you can NEVER have too much sock yarn!!! She has just started stocking it too along with some other Lana Grossa yarns.


My Opal Zebra socks are now finished, I started them when I was at SKIPnorth. I really like them, but haven't actually worn them yet as I have a problem with a swollen left foot and lower leg (more on that later) and I am unable to get them on, well I suppose I could if I stretched them but I don't want to do that!!
I also finished these lacy socks, knitted in Online cotton sock yarn. I really liked knitting them. I had decided they were for my Sockpalooza pal, but I'm not sure if the foot is wide enough for her, so have decided to knit an other pair for her with some of the Lana Grossa I bought today. They will also be lacy but not that one. I will have to look through my patterns to see what I can find.


Here is a picture of my swollen left leg!
Not a pretty sight....Is it?
It is not really clear from this picture but from the ankle up to mid shin is red and has small bumps under the skin. This area of my leg is extremely itchy and sore to touch, and can be quite hot at times. The "band" round my ankle is the mark of my sock where it has cut into the puffiness of my leg. I noticed that my leg was swollen and oedematous a couple of weeks ago, but I'd had it before years ago and it had gone on its own, without medical intervention, however this was not the case this time. Over last weekend a small red itchy area appeared on the front of my shin, unfortunately this spread to most of the front of my lower leg. I dug out my medical books and after reading a few possibilities I thought it would be better to pay my Doctor a visit, so off I went first thing on Monday morning. So what is the problem....Well they think I have a cellulitis and have been given 2 strong antibiotics to take 4 times a day over the next 7 days. I am hoping this will work and at the end of the 7 days my leg will be back to normal and I will be able to wear my new socks!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

The socks look great, I hope your leg feels better soon there is nothing worse

8:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your leg get better soon!
I have your package all ready to go, but I am stuck home with a sick child. I'll let you knwo when I get to the post office.

10:28 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Yuk...I hope the antibiotics nuke it quickly!

Colinette, um??? LOCAL Colinette? If I wasn`t prostrate on this sofa with the lurgy......ooops, I signed up for the Stashalong this month.

Come to think of it, didn`t you sign up as well?.

11:11 am  
Blogger Peri said...

Oh your poor leg - I do hope it's better soon. Loving the yarn you bought so gorgeous.

I cast on for some Opel Zebra socks a couple of days ago - love it, love it, love it.

The lace socks are very swish!

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I hope your leg is not too uncomfortable and you are able to rest it. Reading about your skipnorth trip has inspired me and Isabel to visit the next K & C Guild open day.

9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home