Tuesday, February 21, 2006

gourdongirl does a VERY happy dance

"Yarn Harlot" set the challenge, and the bold, the brave and the downright stupid took up that challenge. What challenge, why the OLYMPIC KNITTING CHALLENGE!!!

To knit "The Diamond Shawl" by Lionbrand in Jaeger COMO in a "pistachio" colour within the time was my challenge. I took up this challenge with hope in my heart and a determination to achieve my goal. However within a few days I was full of self doubt and couldn't decide wheather to carry on or change direction. After a lot of soul searching and advice from others I decided to carry on with the "Olympic Shawl", as I had christened it and on Tuesday 21st February 2006 I crossed the finish line.


Here is the finished "Olympic Shawl" stretched across my bed. I still need to block it, but unsure if I have a space large enough to actually do this. My initial fear that the shawl would not drape was unfounded as it drapes just fine.


Here is a close up of the Diamond pattern.


As you can imagine gourdongirl WAS definately doing a VERY happy dance earlier today when she crossed the finish line knowing she will recieve a GOLD MEDAL.

2 Comments:

Blogger spinndiva said...

*Keeps the wave from Zib going*
wohoooo it looks great shonze!! I love the pattern... great work!

2:30 am  
Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

*continues the wave*
Whoo! Glad you kept on - it looks great!

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home