Sunday, July 16, 2006

I've seen them..........

Yes I've seen Spinning Fishwives kittens! I saw them tonight when I dropped off my boys at her house for a sleep over. They are so so so cute and gorgeous and so full of fun. Missy is a grey female tabby, and Theo is a dark grey/blackish tabby, and they just love playing. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera so I don't have any pics, but pop over to Spinning Fishwives blog and you'll see them there.

What else have I done this week?

Well I went up to pick some strawberries and peas at Spinning Fishwives allotment when she was away on holiday. The strawberries were amazing, much better tasting than those you buy in the supermarket.


Here is one of the strawberries that we picked, just had to take a pic since it was such a wonderful shape....Tasted nice too!
The peas were great too, reminded me of when I was a small girl picking the pea pods in my Grandfathers garden.





I was back on night duty at work so this meant I had more time than of late to knit and read. I've finished knitting the bag with the lovely wheels of roving which I bought at Woolfest from Twist Fibre Craft Studio

Here is a picture just to remind you of the colours. I am currently sewing it together, then it will go into the washing machine with 2 pairs of DH's jeans and hopefully it will be a felted bag when I remove it from the wash. (Well it will be after a few tweaks and the button, flap and handle is sewn on)Before and after pictures to follow if all goes well!!!!!!

I've also read 2 books this week, one being.............


this one, which I also managed to find at Woolfest. I read it in a couple of days or should I say nights. I couldn't put it down, it was great. Now I'm on the hunt for the next one, but there lies a problem.......You can't get them in the UK, so I have put it on my wish list and hopefully it will be out here soon.

I also read the latest Kathy Reichs book, Break no bones, the ninth book featuring Temperance Brennan, a forensic anthropologist. It was great too and only took a couple of nights to read.

Yes I did do some work when I was there it wasn't all reading and knitting!!!!!!

Also this week I had time to do some rugby coaching on Thursday night (before going to work!), this week it was at DH's work, Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum and not the Rugby Club. This was to tie in with a sports exhibition they have on at the moment and the Culcutta Cup being there this week too. For those who don't know, the Culcutta Cup is the cup that Scotland and England rugby teams play for every year, and this year Scotland won it.

Here are the kids all lined up for a picture (Ronan, back row with navy/white striped top and blue bib, Robert front row, with same top, no bib and Spinning Fishwives son is 2nd from the right in the back row)







and here they are listening to one of the coaches (Calum) before they start to play.




and here they are "getting stuck in" to a game!





Well I suppose that's been it for this week, so far. I have a day off today and the weather is supposed to be hot, hot, hot so who knows what I might get up too!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Knit Nurse said...

I like the mutant strawberry. Much more exciting looking than the normal ones. I'm looking forward to seeing what your felted bag comes out like. I haven't touched my Lopi pencil roving yet.

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Died in the Wool is the only book in the series so far. Maggie Sefton has a knitting mystery series with two books and a thrid due in August. The first one is called Knit One, Kill Two. I personally think they are even better.

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home