Tuesday, January 31, 2006

RAK's, SP's and other gifts


This arrived for me this morning (02/02/06) from my SP7 spoiler. It really took my breath away when I opened it, because inside the lovely pink bag there was 8 beautiful stitch markers and 2 skenes of the most gorgeous silk yarn from curiousyarns in London. 1 skene was called saturn and the other called smooch. (The colours are actually brighter than they are in the photos.) It is so so so soft all I want to do is cuddle it. There is 430m to each skene and I think I will knit a summer shawl with them, pattern yet to be determined.




This amazing Chelsea silk yarn, in a beautiful blue/green colour was sent to me from Monkeemaven all the way from Texas. I'm not sure what I will knit with it yet, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will wake up one day and it will be "talking to me" !!!!!! (No I do not normally hear voices.....)I took this photo with my son's cat...yes I know it is made of wood, but we live in an appartment and there is already several cats in the block so Robert just has to put up with a wooden one.




On 27th Jan 2006 I recieved a package from my Mellow SP spoiler. It contained a daily disaster fridge magnet,I luv 2 blog postits and a breast cancer wrist band. Unfortunately the pictures I took did not come out, so I will need to take more later.


This wonderful Fleece Artist yarn was sent to me from Stariel. I have never seen or used this yarn before, but I really like the feel of it. I have started a pair of socks with it and will post a picture as soon as I can. She also sent me some Reese's peanut butter cups which i just love and hadn't seen since I worked with the US Navy based here in Scotland in the 1990's.







This is my first Random Act of Kindness (RAK) and it is hopefully winging its way to Canada at the moment.....

Guess who is going to get it?.........

Bubblestiggy enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Very cute! I love your blog.

4:51 pm  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. What a cute Rak, lucky recipient.

8:23 pm  
Blogger snowdrop said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:45 am  
Blogger snowdrop said...

thanks for the compliment! everyone seems to like the feather pictures!... nice yarn!

12:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home