Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm back...............

I'm back.......Where have I been, I hear you ask? Well as some of you know I was off down to Redcar with the kids to watch them play rugby on weekend 7th-9th April. (More about that later), but when I arrived home I discovered I had a problem with my internet server and could not get on line. I phoned them, but because David ( dear hubby!) is the account holder they refused to discuss the problem with me....Hey ho. I asked David to phone, but it took me over two weeks to persuade him to actually make the call and when he did it only took 15 minutes to get us back up and running. Awwwwwwwwwwwww MEN!!!!!! However all is well, and now I can update you all with the comings and goings of Gourdongirl!

Firstly when I arrived back from Redcar there was a card from the post office telling me I had a package to pick up, so off I went on the Monday morning to the collection office to collect said package. It was my last package from my Secret Pal 6....Oh boy I was so excited and couldn't wait to open it. I wanted to savour the moment so put it in the trunk of the car and took it,(along with the kids) out to David's work. The museum where he works has opened for the season and they do a nice coffee, so I decided that would be where I would open it.

Ooooooooooooooooooh it was full of goodies. Just look at what was inside:-


This is a skein of hand dyed pure Merino Wool in purple and green colours. It is approx 980 yards, 3.5 oz of lace weight yarn. I really love this yarn it is so so very soft and I can't help touching it and hugging it on a regular basis!!!!!!!

The yarn came from www.handpaintedyarn.com .

Also in the package was.......

a "Fiber Trends" pattern for an Estonia Garden Wrap and Scarf. Just ideal for the hand painted yarn also in the package!, an "S" fridge magnet and a pack of 4 smaller fridge magnets, a tin of "Davies Gate" All Spice Pink Grapefruit Powder Sugar Bath Soak, which smells just delightful and I can't wait to use, also a pack of "post its" and last but not least a large pack of Reese's miniature Peanut Butter Cups, yummmmmmmmy. There was also a card introducing my VERY generous Secret pal..... She is Lucia Tedesco from California. (Well I think that is what CA stands for in the abbreviations of the States....Still have to get to grips with them!!!!!!)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH LUCIA FOR YOUR WONDERFUL PACKAGES.

As I said earlier I opened my package out at David's work....Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum, on the bottom road between Musselburgh and Prestonpans in East Lothian Scotland. The above pictures were taken in the garden in front of the Museum cafe. The "rock" they are taken on is actually a fossilised tree which was found on the beach just across the road from the Museum and is thought to have originally come from a coal seam.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You got the package, I was starting to worry ;-)
So funny they would not talk to you about the internet connection.
I am really happy you liked everything, and any time you need more Reese's Cups, just wave in my direction - I have your address!

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home