Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's done!

It's official, my first felting project is done! The bag is now sewn and measures 64cm x 52cm! The cord is done and the closure flap is done.

As I write this it is all being battered about in my washing machine, along with 2 pairs of DH's clean jeans! I'm keeping my fingers and anything else that I can cross, crossed, in the hope that it turns out OK. I'm sure it will, but you know..........When its a first time project.......It might not turn out as you hoped it would or it should!!!!!

Pictures of before and after to follow, once it is done.

3 Comments:

Blogger flora said...

Hi Gourdongirl, I've just started a new blog ring for Scottish knitters, if you're interested here's the link http://scottishknitters.blogspot.com/ I discovered your site from the UKnitters webring and I spied you're in East Lothian. I grew up in Longniddry, left when I was about 10 or so am now resident in the Cairngorms! Many great memories...

2:47 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

How exciting. I remember the first project I machine felted: I sat and watched the entire cycle (sad, or what?). Can't wait to see your pictures!

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet you were excited when it came out - can't wait to see the pics!

6:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home