Saturday, November 04, 2006

Believe

Believe in yourself-in the power you have
to control your own life, day by day.

Believe in the strength that you have deep inside,
and your faith will help show you the way.


Believe in tomorrow and what it will bring
let a hopeful heart carry you through.

For things will work out if you trust and believe
there's no limit to what you can do!

I found this poem when I was clearing out stuff from my purse, its a bit tattered but still readable and when times get tough I take it out and read it. I have posted it, coz there might be someone out the who needs a little "Belief in themselves"!
I know I do at times!!!

I had received it from someone close to me about ten years ago when I was going through a bad spell of
Post Natal Depression
after I had Ronan. It was a really tough time and if it hadn't been for my family, David and Ronan, himself I don't really want to think what might have happened.

We had just moved into our current house a few months before Ronan was born and I worked right up till I went into hospital with Pre-eclampsia, so hadn't made any friends in the area. This made it difficult when I became ill, coz my parents were 100+ miles away and David was back at work. I felt like I was all on my own, but deep down I knew that I wasn't. David and my parents were great, all pitching in to help.

Just because I am a psychiatric nurse doesn't mean that I could see the tell-tale signs of depression in myself. I didn't. It was about a month after Ronan was born when I did eventually acknowledge that I had a problem, and then everything seemed to become clear. I think what made me realise I needed help, was after hearing about the childern at Dunblane being killed in school, I cried for about 2 days solid after that (when no-one was around). I got myself some anti-depressant tablets and a Community Psychiatric Nurse who gave me lots of support and introduced me to other mothers with PND after about 6 months I came of my tablets and said goodbye to my CPN!!!!!!

On a brighter note, all went well 3 years later when I had Robert.

Here they are.............................................................
my two little "cheeky" monkeys, at Spinningfishwives
daughters birthday party! Her party theme was princesses and fairies, so the boys went as "Knights in shining armour", so they could rescue the princesses!!!!! LOL, terrorize them more like!





Here is Ronan doing his usual and not listening to a word I say and goodness knows what Robert is up too!!!!!!!! He looks like he has a very fancy "nosebag" on, or is he trying to be an exotic bird....Who knows? But look at the twinkle of mischief in his eyes!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had known you then...but you made it through and look at your rewards...
What characters!

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home