Monday, May 04, 2009

"My boys" dun us proud!

If you are a regular reader to my mind meanderings, you will know that I took on the post of "team manager" for the S1 (under 13 years) rugby team at my local club at the start of this season. This is the team that Spinningfishwives son and my oldest son Ronan play for. Well on Saturday Musselburgh Rugby Club had its annual rugby 7's competition and "my boys" were asked to play a match before the final. They were playing against one of our local teams, Portobello. It was a very hard and close game, which saw a victory for "My boys". They won 14 points to 11.They were presented with the Festival Shield by Musselburgh's Honest Lass. I will edit this post once I download the pix from my camera!!!

It was a double victory for the club as the Musselburgh 7s team won the Tournament for the second year running. Thats 2 in a row for them, as they won the North Berwick Tournament a couple of weeks ago. Well done to all the players who took part.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

And you have EVERY RIGHT to be proud of those boys!!! They are amazing!!

12:13 am  
Blogger Batty said...

Great job, both you and the boys!

12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home