Monday, April 20, 2009

Roll on the 30th May!

I know I haven't been posting of late, but I have been trying to keep up with my favourite blogs.

Life is kinda hectic at the moment, but nothing new there. It just seems that I have had less computer time than usual. Not sure why, but that seems to be the case.

Not a lot of knitting getting done either, mainly due to RSI of my left wrist. I am managing to knit for about 30 mins, then have to rest wrist for a few days....really doing my "head in", that is! No pix of WIP either. Busy knitting baby stuff at the moment, as one of the "rugby mums" in Bob's team is having a baby in August and Karen, who taught both boys to swim is having one in September. Thank goodness they didn't ask me to knit a shawl, as at the rate I'm knitting, they would be going to school before they got it! I have an other "craft" project on the go, but it needs to be kept a secret at the moment, all will be revealed later.

On the rugby front it has been busy, busy, busy. We are now into tour and tournament season.I was off down to Ayr at the beginning of April with Bob's team to play in a tournament an Ayr RFC. I honestly don't know what happens to them when they go there, but we always see their best rugby there. They came 3rd out of 6 teams. In fact all 3 Musselburgh teams came third out of 6 teams....a good result for all.I was going to upload some pix, but for some reason this is not possible, even having problems uploading them to emails today as well! Gremlins in the system I think.Bob's lot now have tournaments for the next few weeks, then they end the season with a kids and coaches fun day on 16th May, with their "Player of the Year" presentation at night. I will miss the kids and coaches fun day, the first I have missed in 6 years, I will be at the presentation at night though. However I do have a valid reason for missing the fun day.......I am away on tour with Ronan's team!

Ronan's team hosted a touring U13 team from Stockport on Friday night. The age groupings are slightly different in England than in Scotland, which means that we play boys who are between 4 and 12 months older than us. At this stage in the boys physical development it means they are playing much BIGGER, stronger boys. We always knew that it would be a tough game, and we did have the option to get players from the next age up, but we decided that this wouldn't be fare on the boys in our team who had been playing with us for years. We got beat 9 tries to 4, so it wasn't too bad. Having said that we did not play our usual standard of rugby, not sure why, but they didn't seem to be switched on at all. We even had a piper to pipe them out onto the pitch, again no pix as it won't upload. We had an away game in the Borders on Sunday and it was the same boys playing, but they were on "Planet rugby" on Sunday and played their usual standard and came away with a great result.....26 points to 7. The last time we played this team we were beat by 1 point. Their team have been asked to play a game between the semi-final and the final at the Musselburgh 7's Tournament on 2nd May. Then they are going off on "Tour" to Stonehaven to play Mackie Academy FP RFC on 15/16 May. (Mackie Academy is my old High School). We are looking forward to that. These games in Stonehaven are the last for the season. We have our presentation night on the 29th May, and that's it for the 2008-2009 season.............Roll on 30th May!!!!!! I get a few weeks break, then its back to pre-season fitness training at the end of June/beginning July. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY love being involved with the rugby, if I didn't love it I wouldn't do it.
Right that's my update, now to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzz before the kids come home from school and its time to take them to swimming before going to work!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

My DB is an ex-Mackie FP player so he'd probably agree that the Stoney games are the best. After that he an Ellon RFC player and misses it horribly now that he's too old to play in the teams (49!). He's trying to persuade his boys to play but they're not into it...yet!

4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home