Monday, February 06, 2006

WIP's

At the moment I only have two works in progress, but that might all change if I decide to do the knitting Olympics. I have not signed up yet, mainly because I don't know what I would like to knit.....need to decide soon as I'm running out of time!!

WIP 1

This is a photo of my latest shawl. It is knitted in Jaeger Jardin in a gold colour with splashes of pale blue and pink. Really nice to knit even if it is acrylic! Yes I am abit of a yarn snob....so what!



Here is a close up of the yarn and the pattern. I am knitting it in feather and fan and it is coming out really nice.



WIP 2
Well I finally got round to winding my Fleece Artist sock yarn which I was sent by Ariel and have now embarked to knit a pair of socks with it. I had too willing helpers to assist, well they were willing at the start of the task!


Robert acted as the "human swift" in helping hold the yarn so it could be wound from the skene. We did have a few tangles and a few moans about his arms getting tired but bless him he persevered and got the job done. This was his first time helping and I'm sure it won't be his last!!!!

Ronan had the easier task of actually winding the wool with the wool winder. I was there to supervise this as sometimes the tension of the ball was a bit loose, and sometimes it got tangled up in the workings of the ball winder when he had a sudden burst of energy! But both did a great job.


This is how it looks at prestent, nearly finished the first one. Ronan kindly leant me his foot so I could take the photo. Don't think he was too happy with all the dpns sticking out of the sock! He thought they would get stuck into him, I was more concerned about the stitches getting pulled off the needles!! As you can see by the picture I am using the stitch markers that I recently recieved from my secret pal. They are really nice to use, and believe me I will use them a lot.
I am using the stranded stitch pattern which is used in the pattern for the "Knitty" socks called crusoe. I have addapted the actual sock pattern to one that I like using.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They look great!

6:14 pm  
Blogger Minnieknits said...

I've tried a similar winding experiment with my 4 yr old dd and dh - not an experience I wish to repeat! I now wind by hand using my feet as a skein holder!
I can forgive you for being a yarn snob (i come from the same group!) but you should feel safe in the knowledge that the shawl does not look like its made from 'that type of yarn' - am liking what I see!

10:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ยป International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on breast cancer information,breast cancer life expectancy and insidiousness of breast cancer: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com

9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home