Friday, August 25, 2006

1st time knit and FO's

1st time knit

Yesterday I decided to set myself a new knitting challenge, plus I was fed up with all the crap on my coffee table! What does that have to do with knitting? Be patient and all will become clear.........

Well I found myself some mercerised cotton which was lurking in the darkest depths of the stash, 2mm dpns and 2mm circulars and decided I would knit a doily for the coffee table.

In all the years I have been doing lace knitting I have never done a knitted doily. Many years ago I did a crocheted (cough, cough, splutter, splutter, yes I did use the dreaded "C" word there!!!!!)one! Haven't managed to take a pic of it yet but I will. I'm on row 82 so I'm doing ok, and only had to frog it back once for 2 rows!

I am doing Stor Rund Dug from Yarnover lace patterns.

FO
I even have a finished object to show you!


My SP8, Ann, sent me a short row scarf pattern and 2 balls of Noro Silk Garden, colourway 234........Well here it is, all knitted up and ready to cast off (bind off, for those over the pond!)
I finished it yesterday and hand washed it this morning and it has come up so lovely and soft. I just love it and can't wait till the weather is cold enough for me to actually wear it!



Notice the wonderful rosewood needles I'm using, they are by "Lantern Moon" and also a pressie from my amazing SP8 spoiler. Ann says she loves knitting this pattern and I must agree with her, I enjoyed it too.

Now I know what to make for the boys teachers for xmas!!!! Normally they only have 1 teacher each, but this year both boys have "job share" teachers, so I guess I have 4 scarves to knit!

OOOOH does that mean I can buy some yarn? Better not, I'll go "shopping" in the stash instead!

5 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

I've never tried either rosewood or noro silk garden btioh look wonderful to knit with! Looks very nice What a great Sp8 spoiler you have!

2:36 am  
Blogger Annie said...

Yay! Glad you liked it all. Aren't the Rosewood needles great?

11:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha glad to see you are stashbusting... I knitted a doily recently too, also from Yarnover, but not nearly as complicated as the one you are knitting! I am still sticking to the pledge....

11:30 am  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

It`s a very pretty doily, but....I just can`t quite visualise it under the layers of c**p your three resident male things leave on the coffee table, somehow!

3:56 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Pretty colors! And I love that doily pattern. So delicate! Are you going to starch it?

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home