Sunday, November 26, 2006

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

The weather up here has just taken a turn on the chilly side and guess what?

The central heating has just packed up! I came home this morning from work to discover the pilot light had gone out on the boiler and after about an hour of trying to get it to ignite we had to give up. The house is freezing and its a Sunday.......................................... Since the boiler is also responsible for heating our water there is no possibility of baths or showers till it is fixed. We will just have to boil kettles to get hot water till then.

I guess till we can get someone out to look at it we will just have to put on plenty of clothing, good job I can knit and that we all have plenty of warm wooly scarves, hats and gloves!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH KNOW!!! I'm so sorry...I'm sending my warm thoughts your way. I don't know what else I can do to help from across the pond...

1:33 pm  
Blogger spinndiva said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Sending warm thoughts and a virtuell balnkie!
So sorry to hear you are freezing over there!!!

6:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These thing have such impeccable timing don't they, like your oven packing up on Christmas morning. Our current problem is quite the opposite of yours -the freezer isn't freezing!

10:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem last year. It turned out after waiting two guys for the fitter to come and fix it that there was just a trip switch inside somewhere that had flipped. I could have flipped it back myself. It wasn't on the lid instructions. It was on the side of the box where the ignition etc. is.

Hope you get it fixed soon. I can recommend those £10 mini-fan heaters from Argos.

7:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home