Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Recipe for the New Year!

As yet another year draws to a close and we are no nearer to finding World Peace, and there isn't much I can do about that personally, except get on with all the people I meet, whether I like them or not. I have given up making New Years resolutions coz by the end of the first week it has all fallen apart! However I will try to make some positive changes in my life this year and that's all I am saying!
gourdongirl will not be partying tonight as the bells ring out the old and ring in the new, she will be at work.....Where she has spent the last 11 new years! Since having the children I have only worked on Christmas once, so I always work the new year. In fact the year I worked Christmas, I landed up working both! Since the job I do covers 24/7, 365 days a year, someone has to be there, and it might as well be me! As I am no longer a "party animal" I prefer to work!
I was looking around for something profound to say as 2006 draws to a close, but couldn't really come up with much, but I did find this.............
A New Year Recipe
Take twelve whole months
Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness,
hate and jealousy.
Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.
Now cut down each month into twenty-eight, thirty or
thirty-one different parts,
but don't make up the whole batch at once.
Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients.
Mix well into each day one part of faith,
one part of patience, one part of courage,
and one part of work.
Add to each day one part of hope,
faithfulness, generosity, and kindness.
Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation,
and one good deed.
Season the whole with a dash of good spirits,
a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play,
and a cupful of good humour.
Pour all of this into a vessel of love.
Cook thoroughly over radiant joy,
garnish with a smile,
and serve with quietness, unselfishness,
and cheerfulness.
You're bound to have a happy new year.
- Author Unknown-
I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS, HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
(Blogger seems to be playing up and not allowing me to space things as I would like!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to follow your example...Happy New Year to you and the family! I hope that we will finally meet soon!

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and yours as well!

4:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you and your family!!!

10:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give it a try!

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home