Sunday, April 22, 2007

Getting a grip!

This week I took a long hard look at myself and I didn't like what I saw.

It was time to get a grip and do something about the weight I need to shift. I really struggled at times last weekend when I was away at the rugby tournament. I was hiding my head in the sand a bit and blamimg how I was feeling on being really tired due to lack of sleep. The lack of sleep was mainly due to the pain in my right leg after falling on Friday night and the fact that the bed was the smallest double bed I have ever seen!!!!! When I fell I landed on my right knee, but its not the knee that's giving me bother but my calf and thigh. I'm not sure what I have done, but being over weight is not helping the situation.

TIME TO GET A GRIP!

A couple of years ago I went to Weight Watchers and managed to shift 73lbs....YES I did say 73lbs. Unfortunately life got in the way and I stopped going and low and behold two years later we are back to where we started. Something needed to be done and after bumping into several people from the class and the class leader I thought I was being told something and took the bull by the horns and got my act together and went back to class on Thursday morning. That was the hardest bit, getting back in through the door, now I have done that the rest is up to me. I know I can do it,as i did it before.

I got DH to take a "fat" pic on Thursday, but I don't want to blog it just yet. I might in the future but not yet.

So far all is going well and I even turned down the offer of several beers at the rugby club this afternoon and had diet coke instead. Giving up the odd beer, glass of wine or gin and tonic won't be a problem as I don't drink much anyway, it will be staying focused and organised that will be the problem. If I am organised and write out my weekly menus and shopping lists I am OK, if I don't do that I run into mega problems.

Wish me luck!

9 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

oh I certainly wish you luck. I need to get that grip too. my hips are certainly never going to get better until i lose some weight. i'm promising myself now that the boys are getting better on their bicycles we'll actually get out and cycle, that's always a good kick start for me.

i'm rooting for you!

9:25 am  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

The hardest part is going back and facing your old class leader, this I know! You`ve done it once, so you can do it again.

2:48 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Of course, I meant to say that you`ve lost lots of weight before so you know you can do it, rather than the class tutor bit!

2:49 pm  
Blogger Sian said...

Good luck!
1. Low fat smoothies
2. Home made chicken broth
3. Wholewheat pasta.

These got me from 10 stone 3 to 8 stone 2.

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do great!

Pooh x

10:10 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

Good Luck..you know I'm with you in spirit! I've gotta do the same thing!

1:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you can do it. Walk as much as you can,but make a point of walking even a little every day. You will enjoy it & it will tone everything up. Good luck & keep us all posted re your progress

2:32 pm  
Blogger The Knit Nurse said...

Good luck. It's getting to the right time of year for lots of lovely fruit, tasty salads and relaxing walks. :)

Are you planning to come down to WoolFest?

6:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I need to shift a good stone and a half too... I'll be thinking of you.

8:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home