Friday, March 09, 2007

As promised!

As promised here is a pic of my Dad with all the grandchildren.


(l to r) Keira (15), Dad, Calum (17), Ronan (11) and Robert (8). This was taken at my brother's house after we had all been out for a meal to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday.

Since coming back from my parents on Sunday I have been rather busy working, so I haven't had much time to blog or take pix of my sock swap sox which arrived the other day, or the latest pair of sox I'm knitting, or the progress (or not) of the KAL Civil War Shawl that I started on Monday night and had to frog last night when disaster struk. Disaster struk on row 47, when the Denise needle I was using unclipped and I lost several stitches. After about an hour of looking for them I gave up and frogged it. I am using lace weight 100%silk in Tartan green from colourmart and its like knitting with thread!!!! I was using size 3.75 needles and I really wasn't happy with that, so now that it is frogged I will be able to start again on smaller ones, well I will when I go search the LYS to buy them!

I promise to take pix over the weekend and post them soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! I took your advice and did indeed buy myself some STR for my birthday. I think it certainly qualifies as a "special event" and so therefore does not break my yarn diet rules.

1:04 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

Great shot of your Dad & the Grandkids...I hope his day was Happy!!
Glad you are back on track with the shawl...I of course left my "amish mistake" in mine, I didn't feel like frogging it, I hope I'm the only one that will notice it.

4:25 pm  
Blogger Marianne said...

Your Dad is so cute and every one of those kids is beautiful!

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home