Thursday, February 09, 2006

Let the Games begin.......


Oh well I have finally succumbed to the lure of the Knitting Olympics which start tomorrow. It took a lot of soul searching and stash searching before I finally made up my mind. When I found 6 balls of Jaeger Como in the stash I had to decide what I was going to do with it. So I then started to look for a pattern on the internet, where I found "The Diamond Knit Shawl" by Lion Brand Yarn. Now the next problem was to locate a set of 9mm circular needles. I searched in several LYS's in East Lothian to no avail, then my friend and co-conspiritor of several scemes, Spinningfishwife, produced her much covetted set of Denise needles for me to use. For this I will be eternally greatful. However I might not be saying that in a few days time when all is not going well!!!!!

Oh well all I can do now is wait....and the clock is ticking ..tick..tick..tick ....
....................................................................................

2 Comments:

Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Remember...I WANT THEM BACK! Otherwise I ain`t taking you to Woolfest. You can walk.

12:04 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Hey... I knitted that shawl last year from some Yaeger silk 4ply I got in the sales the previous year. It's yummy, and due to it's triangle shape you can knit it on needles with any yarn.

Don't forget to block ;)

11:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home