Monday, November 27, 2006

All better now!

After spending 36 hours or so without heat, we are now back up and running. After a call to one of Ronan's ex-rugby coaches, who has his own Plumbing and Heating business, we are all fixed and fine and toasty! Seemingly the thermo something or other had burned out and that was why the pilot light wouldn't ignite.

Gave me a good excuse to tidy up the cupboard! 4 bags of stuff have now gone to the local DEBRA charity shop and at least 2 went in the garbage!!!! Think I might just have freed up some space for some of the "stash"!!!!! , and got rid of a hole pile of clothes that I had kept on the off chance I might fit back into them.......... Ah well one can dream!

I would like to thank everyone who sent "warm" thoughts our way and a special thank you goes to Spinningfishwife who took pitty on the boys yesterday after the rugby and allowed them to mess up her bathroom with lots of muddy hand prints prior to them going into the bath. Boy were they needing it, they were both covered from head to toe with dried mud and quite honestly looked as if they had been in a wallow hole!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

oh thank goodness! we lost our hot water for about that long in the summer, but luckily after Bill had put in the solar system. and we have electric showers too. even in the summer no hot water in the kitchen sink is unpleasant, in the winter, aargh!

11:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have the "thermo something" fixed...it's no fun being out of heat when a cold snap hits (take it from someone who knows all too well!).
You know if I lived close by you all could muddy up my bathtub!

11:26 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

I think Duncan contributed his fair share of rugby mud to the bathroom...why do you think I normally clean the bathroom the day after rugby anyway?

12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew I am glad you have heat again!

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home