Sunday, January 14, 2007

1st of 2007 and post 150!

Hell its nearly the middle of January and I still haven't wished you a Happy New Year. I am sorry about that, how time flies when you are having fun! Hmmm....fun? HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. I hope all your dreams come true in 2007.

OK, what have I been doing so far this year, that it has kept me away from my blog for 2 weeks, well I suppose I have been busy working and getting over the virus that Robert and I managed to catch on Xmas day!!! I think spinningfishwife did mention that in one of her recent posts.

I have also change jobs in the last few weeks, I no longer work with young people with mental health issues, and am currently working with young adults with learning difficulties who also display challenging behaviours. I am enjoying the change of experience and the new challenges it brings.

On the rugby front I have been busy helping organise the Mini section rugby tour. This has been an ongoing task for the past few months and finally we have got things booked. We are off to Ayr, on the West Coast of Scotland to take part in a Festival of Rugby. Which sees teams from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales taking part in 2 days of rugby. We will be taking teams from age 8 - 12, so this means both Ronan and Robert will be playing in the tournament. We will be staying at the Haven holiday camp just outside Ayr, called Craig Tara. We are all looking forward to it as all 4 of us are going. David has been drafted in as a parent helper with Robert's team.

Knitting wise I have also bee very busy and have several FO's to show you! All sox I hasten to add!!! My oldest UFO, which I started at woolfest last summer has now graduated to FO status!


My oldest UFO!
These are sox I knitted for Ronan, they are knitted from Lorna's Laces, sport camouflage 708, which is 100% superwash wool. I managed to get this pair of sox out of one 70g skein of the yarn, so I still have an other skein left. If I remember correctly I got this sock yarn in a swap on knitty.com!!!!



I started these two pairs just before Xmas and finished them at the beginning of January.
The blue ones are knitted on 3mm dpn's in Schoeller + Stahl Fortisima Cotton Color Socka. (45% cotton, 42% virgin wool and 13% nylon), they are knitted in stocking stitch.

The purple ones are knitted on 2.5mm dpn's and in a cotton/wool/nylon mix of unknown make, coz I've lost the ball band! (Any ideas of what it is would be gratefully received!). They are knitted in my favourite free Lacey "Opal" sock pattern!


Both pairs are knitted in stocking stitch on 2.5mm dpns. The "trainer" sox are knitted in "On Line" Supersocke 100, Summer colour. (45% cotton, 40% virgin wool, 15% nylon) and the bright blue stripey ones are knitted in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Maya (45% cotton, 42% virgin wool, 13% nylon).


These were knitted on 2.5mm dpns in Regia Canadian Colour. (75% superwash new wool, 25% nylon). They are also knitted in my favourite free "Opal" Lacey pattern!



Why all the sox? Well my Mum was at a craft fair at Guthrie Castle in Angus just before Xmas and she suggested that we share a table at the next Xmas craft fair in December. Hell I know its ages away, but if we want to have enough to sell, I'd better get knitting. Mum is knitting scarves and I'm doing sox and Xmas decorations and as my Dad paints he is doing some paintings. Well it will keep me busy and its an excuse to use up some of my sock stash and YES it means I have an excuse to buy more!!!!!!

OK I think that's you all up to date with the comings and goings in gourdongirl's life at the moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Love those socks...I think I need to start making shorter ones for the summer! And what blog do I see up on your computer?? Happy New Year...I hope things go much better for you this year!

3:25 pm  
Blogger gourdongirl said...

Yes I was in the process of reading your blog when Ronan appeared with the sox on, so I took my chance!

6:41 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Loads of socks. Yay for 2007, the year of the sock!

7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home