Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sox and Secret Pals

I know I just posted yesterday, but I think this week is going to be one of these times when you hear nothing from me for a while, then like buses all the posts come at once!

I have finished an other pair of sox for the Craft Fair in December! They are knitted in pale pink Opal Uni. The pattern is Arrow from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. I enjoyed knitting this pattern, so think I will probably do it again.



OK here is a first for gourdongirl! One of the things I promised I would learn this year was short row heels! I have knitted several short row scarves so knew I could do it. I found a great short row tutorial here. These sox are for Robert. He laid claim to the Regia "Scotland football colour" sock yarn that my last SP sent me. He didn't want "plain" sox so I gave him Sensational knitted Socks to look at and he chose the yarn over cable pattern. Rather than do the short row heel on the sock I had a trial run and managed fine. Here you see the result. I'm quite proud of the way I actually managed to get it to work out. Lets hope I can do the same with the second one!

Its THAT time again on the Knittyboard......Yes its Secret Pal time and I have once again signed up, as I have really enjoyed doing this in the past. The person I have to spoil is in the USA, but that's all I am saying, just in case she actually might read my blog. I have also had contact from my spoiler, but I haven't got a clue where she is from YET!

I have also signed up for a sock swap on Knitty too. This is not a secret pairing, however as Kimberly and I have decided that we want to keep our sox a surprise, I will say no more on the matter, till they are done and received. I am looking forward to knitting these sox. I have chosen a pattern I have not done before and the yarn I ordered has now arrived, and I LOVE it. Thankfully I decided to buy some for me too, so I won't feel bad when I send the finished sox to Kimberly! Unfortunately before I can start them I need to finish Robert's! NOT long now!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Wow...you are sneaking some posts in on me...not to mention my blogrolling is not working!
I love those pink socks...and of course, I have that book so I may have to use that pattern! I've knitted that cable pattern sock for Chase's girlfriend.

1:39 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Those socks are amazing! I love the stripeys. Stripeys are fun.

1:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon a hill there stood a coo
It must a moved its no there noo
W T McG

8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home