Thursday, April 26, 2007

Moment of truth!

This morning was the moment of truth, when I discovered if all my hard word had paid off or not. Yes that's right it was Weight Watchers weigh in. I wasn't really looking forward to it coz I had just finished a night shift and had drunk 1.5 litres of water overnight and kinda felt bloated. I did have the choice to go this evening, but then I would not be able to catch up with all the girls that I know. I also looked at my work schedule and discovered that for the next few weeks I am working on a Wednesday night before weigh in so it would all even out in the end. Or that's the plan anyway!

I knew I would loose some weight coz it was the first week and if you stick to the plan you will loose the weight and you always loose loads of fluid the first week anyway. A good indicator that I had shifted some poundage was the fact that I kept having to pull my trousers up last night. They had been snug at the waist before and now they weren't. I suppose it didn't help that I had my work keys and personal alarm attached to the waistband, that might have been pulling at them slightly!

OK enough of this prevarication and lets get down to the knitty gritty and let you know how much I actually lost this week................................. A whopping 6lbs. Woooo Hoooooo. Wasn't gourdongirl a VERY happy bunny in deed. Now that has just set me up for next week. But I will have a few temptations over the weekend as its the kids rugby tournament on Sunday and there will be lots of goodies to tempt gourdongirl away from the "straight and narrow". Having said that there will be plenty to keep me occupied and I probably won't have time to go near the cake stall!!!! I also have to supply some cakes, sausage rolls and sandwiches, so there will also be temptations in the house over the weekend! All I need to do is remain focused and all will be well.

On the knitting front I have now completed the main body of my Civil War Shawl and have managed to do 12 repeats of the border, only an other 70 to go!

Here I am at row 154 out of 161, so I was nearly there. I am knitting it in 100% silk lace weight from Colourmart and the colour is called Tartan Green. I hope to have it finished to take on holiday to Ireland in August.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

Congratulations!!!!

4:16 pm  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

Well Done - stay focused !!!!

I'm in competition with a friend to loose our last stone (mine for the second time...) as she lost 3 lbs last week I'm trying to be really good this week.... I'll not think of cake if you dont as well ;-)

6:22 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Very well done! That should give you lots of motivation for next week, no? I`m down to slogging it off at a pound a week at the moment...*sigh*

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! 6 lbs is fantastic. Well done you!

Did you get your 2nd parcel yet?

12:22 pm  
Blogger spinndiva said...

YAYYYYY!6 pounds! That is fantastic!

I love the shawl BTW!

11:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well done Shona. I'm still on the 'I'll start tomorrow' jag but next year we will have to wear a uniform at work - a tailored jacket with a blouse. I must keep this in mind now and get on with trying to get a waist.....
Ooh and the shawl is gorgeous!

9:21 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

WooHoo...way to go! Julia and I have decided to go to a meeting tonight, you inspire me from afar!
I can't wait to start my border, I've been slacking...

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home