Sunday, November 25, 2007

Feelings!

If you have read Spinningfishwifes blog, you will know where I am going with this entry, since her son Duncan and my oldest son Ronan are in the same class at school. Thus they are both of to school camp in the morning.I know he will be fine, but he is "my baby" (and he will kill me if he sees this!!!!!). Yes he has been away from home before, he goes on sleepovers on a regular basis, he goes up north to see his grandparents for a week(s) at a time, he's been away on rugby tour, he's been camping for the weekend with spinningfishwife and her family, but THIS is different. I don't know how it's different, but it is. I do know that the house will be so much quieter, coz he talks incessantly and appears from nowhere to be right behind you when you least expect it. He has a wicked sense of humour and is usually up to something, that something usually gets him into trouble!!!!



Here he is in Marks and Spencer's trying on a furry hat. I turned round and got the shock of my life coz the hat is about the same colour as his hair! I was waiting for a shop assistant to come up and ask us to leave.






At Prestongrange.

What is it with hats? He loves to make stuff and dress up and PG is a wonderful place to do it. Pitty it is now closed till April 2008!



Ronan is a kind and helpful "little" boy and still at age 11 volunteers to give you a hug, or sit on your knee. Usually when it is least convenient!!!!

Not that he would admit it, but I think he is a bit apprehensive about this week away from home, coz there have been lots more hugs than usual over the weekend and he also crawled into bed with DH the other night when I was at work, something he hasn't done in years! I know he is really looking forward to all the outdoor activities planned for the week as he is a very sporty guy.





He is not frightened to try something new, as these pix show!




He loves his brother, although they fight all the time, but thats just brothers!! Robert has said he will miss Ronan.....He always does when he's not around.



I know my week will be slightly less hectic, as I won't have swimming club on Monday and Wednesday nights! Its going to be one VERY strange week.

I have spent the last few days in great preparation, making sure he has enough clean undies and warm sox and everything I want returned named etc. All is now packed, with instructions given as to where everything is and where he can find the black plastic bags for the dirty/wet clothes.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow and waving him off, I'd better make sure I have plenty of hankies, coz I just know I'm going to be an emotional wreck. However when I read Spinningfishwifes post, I took great comfort in the fact I wasn't alone with these feelings. DH has just been laughing at me all weekend..... We will see what he is like in the morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I know you are going to miss him terribly...I'm here if you need me!

11:44 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Well, they didn't exactly look upset this morning when we waved them off, did they?

I'm off to gut his room. It will need five days and four nights for that!

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home