Tuesday, November 11, 2008

At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month..........

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

This verse is taken from "For the Fallen", which is a 7 versed poem by
Laurence Binyon. This is the forth verse and the one most people know and associate with remembrence.


THE FALLEN SOLDIER

Don't weep for me
O' Land of the free
When it was my time to fall
'Twas for my country's call
'Twas for the land that I loved,
That I gave my all
And for the land that I loved,
I did freely give
And in her freedom
And her courage
I'll continue to live

This poem was written by Patricia Krull in 1993 and dedicated to all those servicemen and women who lie in Arlington Cemetery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home