Saturday, March 08, 2008

Today at Murrayfield!

Today saw Scotland play "the auld enemy" at Murrayfield in the Six Nations, for the Calcutta Cup. Given the Scotland performances in the previous 3 Six Nations games I wasn't really looking forward to the game today. However, I dragged my sorry carcase out of bed (I'd been night shift Friday night)to watch the game, and WHAT a game. Not the best I have seen I must admit and the weather was crap, in fact it poured with rain for the majority of the game. This did not dampen the team or the supporters spirits though! The majority of the game was like ping pong, with one team, then the other kicking the ball up the park, till someone made a mistake and surprise surprise it wasn't Scotland who made the first mistake. We won a penalty and the trusty boot of Chris Paterson slotted the ball between the posts, we were 3:0 up. Things continued like this for 80 mins, with neither team really looking as if they would score a try.

The long and the short of the game was we won!
The final score was SCOTLAND 15 : ENGLAND 9 and the Calcutta Cup came back to Scotland!


The Calcutta Cup at Prestongrange in 2006, when we last won it.

Was I a happy bunny, or was I a happy bunny?.....No I was a VERY happy bunny today :)

Next Saturday at 1pm, sees us kick off against Italy in Rome in the final of the 2008 Six Nations. Depending on how the Italians do against France tomorrow will determine if it will be Italy or Scotland who win the "wooden spoon". I don't care if we win the "wooden spoon" or not, we beat England today. (I appologise to my friends south of the border for this, but I have to gloat a wee bit today, allow me that, coz it doesn't happen very often!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Woo-Hoo!!! That's AWESOME!!!

1:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i texted spinningfishwife as soon as I saw the scoreline. i was remembering our first skipnorth when you heard the winning score!

1:44 pm  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I was working at the SECC and my DH was kept busy sending me texts of the scores - he was in great spirits when Wales won the Triple Crown. When he sent the score for the Calcutta Cup the stand errupted much to the amusement of the other stalls and public!

1:15 pm  
Blogger ra said...

pooh!


nah, credit to the Scots, they deserved the win.

12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home