Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Whats going on?

The pumpkins have hardly had time to decompose after Friday night and we are already seeing stuff for Xmas. For goodness sake its only the beginning of November, we still have to have bonfire night!!!!!

Last night on my way to drop the boys of at swimming club, before I set off for work, I was driving along the High Street only to see the local council workers erecting the Xmas lights that are strung across the street. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, a short distance further along the street there was a shop all decked out with Santa outfits etc. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON? What with the credit crunch and my shifts being cut at work and DH just finished his job for the winter and no reply to any of his application forms.....Xmas is getting drastically scaled down this year. Bah Humbug!!!!!!!!

OK that's my bit of a rant over. Where have I been? I appear to have been MIA for quite a while. Well for 3 weeks I was really ill with 1st viral bronchitis and 2ndly a chest infection. After 3 lots of anti-biotics it is still not fully away. It has left me really tired and weak. (Not like me at all) I am now back at work and actually quite glad that my shifts have been cut, as to be quite honest I don't think I could do my usual hours. I have also been busy ferrying the boys between various sporting events...ie: school and club rugby and swimming club for Ronan and club rugby, basketball and swimming club for Bob. No wonder I have been exhausted!!!

The boys had their first "real" swimming competition a few weeks ago. When we got there I really thought I had made a bad choice and they had been entered into something way beyond their capabilities, however the boys rose to the challenge and proved me wrong. They both entered 2 races and Ronan won both his front crawl and his breast stroke and Bob came second in his front crawl and 5th in his breast stroke. This was the first time either had swam 200 metres under competition conditions.Bob was actually swimming against kids aged 10 and 11, he's only 9 and was still learning to swim this time last year!!!!I was extremely proud of them both. They have the club championship competitions over the next 2 Friday nights, so good luck boys.

Rugby news, both are doing well and are currently getting alot of rugby time. Ronan was off down to Biggar on Sunday and they played really well and came out eventual winners of a hard fought game. Bob was playing up at Stirling and they managed to win one, draw one and lose two. But according to DH they all played really well. This week Ronan and his team mates face my "old school" Mackie Academy from Stonehaven and Bob has training.

On the knitting front.....Not a lot to report here actually, it all seems to have come to a stand still at the moment. This might be due to the fact that most of my time has been taken up helping an ex-president of the rugby club do some research into the clubs history and searching the clubs archives. This has also involved several visits to the local churchyard looking for various graves. (All of which I have found!)Now all my time is spent trying to put all the information together....quite a daunting task and one which will take a while. However I am enjoying doing some genealogical research again, as I haven't done any for ages.

Oh well I think thats it for now, I promise to be a better blogger in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home