Saturday, September 16, 2006

I need inspiration!

Over the past few days I have been suffering from a very painful right foot. I'm not sure what I've done, but boy is it sore. I've either got a fallen arch or I've torn ligaments or tendons...Either way it is causing me a lot of discomfort and sometimes I am having difficulty walking. It is all strapped up with a support bandage and I'm using a topical analgesic/anti-inflammatory gel, coz the same medication taken orally would upset my stomach!

What has that to do with inspiration....Well, I suppose one of the predisposing factors to my sore foot, is the fact that I am overweight. Hence the need for inspiration.....I need to loose some weight and that will help my foot, knee and back problems!

I know I can do it, coz 2 years ago I lost 70 lbs at Weight Watchers, but over the last year most of that has gone back on. Not good, I need to shift it again and some, I fear! Spinningfishwife and I have decided the time is now, so wish us luck. I still have all my WW stuff, so when I'm on my days off from work next week I will sit down and work out my healthy eating plan, my shopping list and strategy!

3 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Wishing you lots of luck with the losing the weight thing. I know it isn't easy to do but it will be worth it in the end. When I needed to lose weight I had a whole graph system pinned up on the fridge with my weight each week mapped on the line graph. I think it helped a lot!

3:08 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

Good Luck...I've started back up my walking, 2 miles 3 times a week. So, from afar...I'm with you guys!

2:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh me too, I start new diets regularly. If you find the secret please let me know. I have 2 books just now, I suppose it might help if I read 'em. Writing down everything you eat is a good one, Isabel bought us both a new notebook specially.

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home