Sunday, September 10, 2006

Interflora!

I meant to blog about this last week, but with one thing and an other I hadn't got round to it!

I got flowers! Practically unheard of in gourdongirl's life. I very seldom get flowers, so when the doorbell rang last weekend and the guy from Interflora was standing there with a bouquet, I thought it was for my neighbour. But no they were for me!...........Who was sending "gg" flowers?

WOW they were beautiful, lots of pink flowers......Don't ask me what they are, coz I ain't got a clue, all I know is they are lovely and they are pink!!!!!! I apologise for the terrible arrangement, they were so beautifully arranged in the packaging, but I am hopeless at arranging flowers in a vase, so they look like they have just been dumped in, when in fact they weren't!

OK, who were they from?


They were from 2 most wonderful people.

None other than my Mam and Dad. THANK YOU, they were most welcome and really cheered me up. I'd had a bad day at work a few days before and was really angry and hurt by it and they so thoughtfully sent me flowers.

I've already said a big thank you to them, but my mum has just "gone online" and "discovered" my blog, so I thought they should get a special thank you mention here!

She phoned me earlier tonight saying she had just spent a fascinating hour reading my blog, and discovering lots of things about me that she didn't know!!!!!!!

Well Mam, just to let you know it was actually 67.45 minutes you were on! And you were the 640th person to visit since I put the visit counter on my blog on the 21st August. That's not bad for 3 weeks, is it? (It was actually at 650 when I checked last at 23:00hrs).

I hope you enjoy reading my future posts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

What beautiful flowers...I'm sorry you had a bad week, I wish I had known!
I'll behave myself from now on...I don't want your Mum finding out bad things about me...but then again, we have found out how much we are alike!

12:18 am  
Blogger Peri said...

Lovely flowers - that was so sweet of them.

Hope this week is better for you.

My sister has found my blog - but Ma hasn't yet got to grips with the internet (thankfully).

7:52 am  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Fab flowers!

Although I have had to tone down my swearing ever since my mam started reading my blog!

4:27 pm  
Blogger The Knit Nurse said...

Nothing beats getting flowers. Well, some things do, but it's still one of the best presents to get. Something pretty, with no practical use. Hope you're having a good week this week.

6:58 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

What a lovely surprise for you! And congrats on all those visitors. Good job they're virtual and not real, eh: think of all the tea and biscuits you'd have to dole out.

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home