Monday, February 12, 2007

What should I do with Bob?

Yesterday was my first outing all week and since it was a Sunday I was at a rugby game and surprise, surprise, we were playing rugby in a muddy field! But it was our own "home" muddy field!

We had a visiting junior and mini section all the way from Pontypridd Rugby Club in South Wales. They were actually up to watch the Scotland v Wales rugby game at Murrayfield on Saturday. (Which Scotland won BTW!)and had arranged to play games against the Under 12's to under 8's on the Sunday, before heading south today. Hospitality was flowing and many new friends were made. A great day was had by all. I'm sure there are many around today with sore heads......Not me though, I have a sore throat, due to having the cold, but possibly also due to all the shouting on the touchline and singing in the club after the game. Thankfully the rain stayed off and it was actually quite mild for the time of year.

But I have a question to ask you all......What should I do with Bob?



Once again Robert did the team (and me) proud, by putting in an excellent performance on the field, but once again the "field" came home with him! At least this week you knew what side he was on, coz you can see some of his top. Here he is sporting the medal that the Pontypridd team presented to all of the Musselburgh teams.




Ronan was just as bad, but I don't have a pic of him as I was busy attending to an injured player when he came of the field and was all changed and clean by the time I caught up with him! However Ronan won the "Man of the Match" for a gutsy performance in continually making ground for the team. (Pic to follow)

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Oh MY! What about covering him in plastic wrap prior to the game?? Was Ronan as muddy?
You're going to have to have a room specifically for all their medals and honors! What talented boys you have!
Feel better soon!!

4:07 pm  
Blogger Faerynuff said...

YAY! Ponty are my local team, I used to go to Uni there and although I don't live in Wales anymore, nor am I Welsh, I still follow them.

I saw so many great games at the Ponty ground, New Zealand and South Africa to name 2.

I miss those days!

4:49 pm  
Blogger Peri said...

Hmmmm leave him like it - good for the skin and when it dries it will just be brown dust! Or my favourite is to hose boy off in the garden - though it might be a tad cold for that.

9:50 am  
Blogger Batty said...

When I went mud sledding in the rain, my mother cut up a trash bag and put it on the seat before she let me get in the car. Then, she took off my clothes the second I came in the house, carried me into the shower, then threw the clothes in the bath tub so they could dry enough to brush the mud off before washing.

You have awesome kids.

2:38 pm  
Blogger spinndiva said...

I think he is just fine the way he is... little boys are supposed to be muddy!
Congrats!!!

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home