Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mindless Vandals

Today, I was saddened to read in the local paper that the club house of one of Musselburgh's great rugby rivals, Portobello was destroyed by fire on Sunday night. According to reports in the press and on the clubs web site it was set on fire by vandals. 50 years of club history and memories just wiped out.......For what, I ask?

The pix taken at the scene show the devastation the fire caused.


I feel sick to the stomach that this has happened. All the players, members and supporters at Portobello must be in shock. I only hope they manage to "rise from the ashes" like the Phoenix. We look forward to playing there again next season, new club house or not!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

That horrible!! I hope they catch those responsible!

2:18 pm  
Blogger mazzam again said...

These pictures made me feel really sad that people can be so mean. The club members must be devastated. I hope they will be able to cope with rebuilding it. It must be terribly disheartening.

8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home