Friday, June 29, 2007

School Holidays!

Seems like ages since I actually sat down at the computer and wrote something for my blog. There really hasn't been too much going on.....just work and family stuff as usual!

However today is the first day of the school summer break.....and guess what.....it rained!

Having said that it has been raining here for days now, but the weather is supposed to be sunny and warm on Sunday :) We shall see!

THUNDER CLOUDS OVER THE FIRTH OF FORTH. (Picture taken from my kitchen window! Yes I DO live that close to the sea!)

It has also been the first week of the tennis at Wimbledon......thats why its been raining! I enjoy watching the tennis, but am hopeless at the game. DH plays for the local tennis club first team and has been coaching the boys tennis there on a Saturday morning and they really enjoy it. Robert has been busy with some 1:1 swimming lessons with Ronan's old swimming teacher and he is really doing well and nearly off on his own. I have him booked in for a weeks intensive course over the summer break, so that should bring him on. I also have found my swim suit and since loosing weight I fit into it, so I plan to go swimming with the boys once a week over the summer break. (Well thats the plan anyway!)

Since I have mentioned loosing weight, I'd better update you all with this months weight loss.....well in the month of June I have lost a further 10lbs, taking my total to 32lbs, still on track to loosing 42lb before I go to Ireland on the 11th August (6 weeks away).

Today I took the boys to the movies. We went to see "Shrek the third", it was really funny and well worth going to see. We plan to see a few new releases and some not so new ones over the summer. This coming week we hope to see this or this. The boys are also planning to spend time in Inverbervie with my parents sometime over the holiday. They enjoy having Granny and Granda time on their own!!!!

Oh well I'm off to bed now as I have been feeling pretty yeuch since yesterday, sore throat and hacking cough, plenty of TLC and hot drinks for me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Amzing how things like school hols and Wimbledon bring on the rain, isn't it? Congrats on fab dieting results and hope you chase that cold away fast!

6:43 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

AWESOME picture! I can't wait to see it for myself!
I love watching tennis too, but can't play very well--hubby used to play and gets really upset with me when we play together...see yet another "thing in common"!
I'm so happy for your "loss"...I just hope to be as successful as you!

8:46 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Great picture!

Can I have some of your dieting vibes? I no longer fit into my pants.

12:08 pm  
Blogger The Knit Nurse said...

Shame about the rain. Missed you at WoolFest this year. We nearly got blown away on thursday night. Congratulations on loosing so much weight. Enjoy swimming. :)

3:47 pm  
Blogger Peri said...

Well done on the weight loss!

Great photograph - I can see the sea and love to watch the weather come rolling in from afar.

9:01 am  
Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Is the chippy still as good?
India

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home