Friday, July 13, 2007

Bad blogger!

I seem to have been remiss of posting anything on my blog for a few weeks. I have been working really long hours, trying to make up my time before I go to Ireland on holiday in August. The contract I have at work means that if I don't work I don't get paid, so if I take holiday time I need to work loads to make it up. I suppose that is the downside of working when and where I choose!

However I do have one really exciting piece of news. On Wednesday 4th July I made a very special phone call........I finally spoke to my friend Robin in Virginia. I managed to arrange this secretly, with the help of her daughter Julia and it was great to hear the squeal from Robin as she realised who was calling!!!!! We chatted like we had known each other all our life and now we can't wait till she comes to Scotland next year. I feel so sorry for both our DHs coz they won't get a word in!!!!!! I needed to thank her personally for some family history research she has been doing for me in the US. (A future post about that!)

Sorry no knitting pix or news as I really haven't been doing any of late, don't know why! However I do have something I want to share with you..........You know how periodically I post a bit of poetry, well here's one I prepared earlier!

My class

There came a day when enough was enough,
Time to throw out all the fattening stuff,
But I’d been here a few times before,
I knew it would be hard getting through that door!

The time had come to grab the “bull by the horn”
So I pitched up one Thursday morn!
Off I went for the class at nine,
The class time had changed, so I stood in line!

I should have known, I’d nothing to fear,
I was greeted with one almighty cheer!
The friends I’d made here in the past,
Were sorry that my weight loss didn’t last.

The last time I came I’d lost 73.
The difference was plain for all to see,
But 2 years ago, by the wayside I fell
And plummeted back down to dieters hell!

Once more my head is “In the zone”
I would lose the weight, that I’d put on,
But help from our leader, Jo I did need,
With all her information and books to read!

Staying to class, this is a must,
It helps keep me from the foods I lust,
Like crisps, and sweets and sugary cakes,
I need to stay for my health’s sake.

For tips and info to help me loose,
I can still have the odd glass of booze!
Jo helps to keep me on the straight and narrow
Then Thursdays wont be filled with sorrow!

Each day I track and write in my book,
So, if in the future I need to look,
Then I can search back from week to week!
When in times of doubt, inspiration I seek.

Thanks to Jo and her team,
Nothing’s impossible, it would seem,
The help and support they give us all,
Means each week I have a ball!

This class is great, I’m glad I came,
The friends I’ve met have all one aim,
To loose the weight and be thin,
In this Weight Watchers class nothing is a sin!


Yes I really did write this poem, I do sometimes write some, when the mood or inspiration hits me......must be in the genes! Not that its anywhere near the standard of my famous ancestor...Robert Burns!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I hope I didn't hurt your ear when I squealed! It was great chatting with you too!
FANTASTIC poem!

10:50 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Great poem! You're doing so well!

3:17 pm  
Blogger mmStyle said...

That was sweet! Haven't written poetry in forever, and now you've put me to shame! (PS, glad weight watchers still allows you to have fun.....laughed in pure glee as I read and drank a bit of beer meanwhile). PS, yo;ve been given the Rockin' Blogger Award, BTW.

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home