Monday, July 30, 2007

The Things You See!

As you know, ( or you will if you read my blog often enough!) when I'm working in my kitchen I just love watching the comings and goings on the beach and the Firth of Forth. And that's just what I was doing when I was preparing dinner tonight, when I saw this young couple sit on a log at the edge of the sand. Nothing weird in that, I hear you say, but ..........



...............Guess what she's doing? Yup, she's cutting his hair! Well I think that takes the prize for the most bizarre thing I've seen out of my kitchen window in a while!



Last week was the "Honest Toun's" Festival week and here are more views of the beach! (The "Honest Toun" is what Musselburgh is called!)


The Honest Lad and Lass as they canter along the beach.


More horses cantering along the beach!





They also have a fancy dress parade on the Friday night, when various local organisations dress up and parade through Musselburgh. The Honest Lad and Lass and their party of attendants also get dressed up. This year the Lasses were American Footballers and the Lads were.........................................





............cheer leaders!






Its usually a great week, but it was marred somewhat this year by poor weather at the beginning of the festival.

During this week the boys were up visiting my parents and they seem to have had a great time. They went bowling, went for walks down the beach, played snooker in the garden and helped my mum weed her garden.



I don't have a garden and just loved the vibrant colour of these Livingstone daises in my mums garden.

On the right you find the boys helping with the weeding!





OK, one last thing before I finish this post. My monthly Weight Watchers update. Well in the month of July I managed to loose a further 12lbs, bringing my total loss so far to 43.5lb. This means I have met the target I set in April. I wanted to loose 42lb (or 3 stone) before I went on holiday, well I have managed to achieve that and I still have 2 weeks to go, so fingers crossed it will be nearer the 49lb or 3.5 stone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

wow! on the weight loss Shona, that's fantastic.
so what's it like having the boys away? i wonder if we'll ever do that - probably not. it was great to have the 4 days in Prague when my mum and dad were here, but I can't see shipping them to maryland, and the Bath grandparents just aren't the type to offer...
will i see you if i bring the boys out to prestongrange over the next week or so?

8:42 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

Congratulations on reaching your weight goal and surpassing it :)

8:00 am  
Blogger Robin said...

Way to go on your weight loss, I've said it before and I'll continue to say it...you are an inspiration to me and I'm sure MANY others! Keep it up!!!
Love the pictures...as much as I hate washing dishes, I'd wash dishes ALL DAY if I had that view to look at!
Did anyone tell that fella that he makes a pretty girl?

9:42 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, amazing weight loss! Your discipline is incredible and a true inspiration.

12:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Shona that's amazing! Well done you! The Festival looked great fun. Have you heard from Isabella? Her blog hasn't been updated in ages I wondered how her home improvements were going......

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home