Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rugby Season once again!

I know this is predominantly a knitting blog but I also blog about the other loves in my life........My kids and rugby! There will be some (not a lot) of knitting content to this post, so please bare with me for a bit yet.

Well the rugby season is well under way and this year it seems to be taking up even more of my "free" time!!!




The kids started training back in August and Ronan won the player of the week on his first week back! They have had a few training games, but this Sunday sees us at our first tournament of the season, at North Berwick. This is usually quite a tough one as it is so early in the season.





Musselburgh RFC 1st XV were promoted to the 2nd Division of the Premiership this season, so that has seen us play some hard games. At our home game last Saturday, Robert and one of his team mates (Joe) were the 1st XV mascots. Both were really nervous and excited about this, as it has never been done at the club before. Being the mascot comprised of getting to "train" with the "big" team prior to the game,


and getting to run out onto the pitch at the start of the game with the team




and having their picture taken with the team.




The parents were invited into the Committee room after the game for food and drinks!!! (So needless to say DH and I went along, but coz were are both involved with various aspects within the club, we are expected to be there for food and drinks after the game anyway!!!! However Joe's aunt enjoyed it!)

In case you haven't heard the Rugby World Cup is taking place at the moment in France. Well the majority of the games are being played in France, but coz they don't have enough top class venues, some of the games are being played at Murrayfield in Edinburgh and The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales. Obviously I am supporting Scotland, so I was really pleased to see that they had 2 games being played at "home" in Edinburgh. I even managed to get tickets for the game against Romania last night. We won 42:0, taking us to 10 points in Pool C, with 2 wins under our belt.



Here are the boys waiting for the game to start.






and here they are after the game. Murrayfield is all lit up and it looks like an alien space craft has just landed!!!!





Now, as promised, the knitting content of the post!

I managed to get into Ravelry way back in July (I think thats when it was any way)so couldn't resist joining in the Rugby World Cup KAL.



This is what I decided to knit. Its the Long line jacket by Twilleys of Stamford. It is knitted in their Freedom wool and I have chose the wine colour (shade 412) to knit it in. So far I have done the back, both fronts and half of the first sleeve. I know that sounds a lot, but it is knitted on 9mm needles! I am also knitting a pair of "trainer" sox for myself in blue and white (Scotland and Musselburgh's colours!!!). I am nearly finished the second one and still have to take pix of both items!

I must do a post about my holiday to Ireland........soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I LOVE the pictures of the boys...keep on posting them! I like that sweater pattern, make it a size smaller!
YOU BETTER POST PICTURES OF YOUR TRIP TO IRELAND! I can't wait to hear all about it.

11:53 pm  
Blogger mogs said...

Aaah! so that's what you were knitting at Prestongrange on Monday!

8:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No 1 son just made the school rugger team !


Hope you enjoyed ireland !

Raining torrents here, decided to enter the poultry in the burra rowing races.


Angela

8:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home