Wednesday, February 27, 2008

February Update

OK so this is supposed to be a knitting blog, so I guess I'd better have some updated knitting content!

I have been a busy little bee on the knitting front this month. So far I have knitted 4 pair of sox and 3 gift bags and about a 3rd of a baby Pin Wheel blanket.

Thought you might also like some pix as last couple of posts have been a pic free zone!

The first pair of sox for the month was Red and Black "secret" sox and coz they are a secret there isn't a pic! They were started on 2nd Feb and finished on 11th Feb. Once they arrive at their destination I will post a pic.



This is the 2nd pair for the month called Autumn Sox and they have been knitted for a present. Wont say who for coz I know they read my blog! They were started on 12th Feb and finished on 16th Feb.



The 3rd pair is knitted in Opal in an Orange/cream colourway. They are for a girl at work. Started on 20th and finished on the 22nd Feb.



This is the 4th pair are knitted in Regia Ringel and are bright orange, blue, green and pink. The pattern used was open rib from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. They are for the daughter of a friend and were started on 23rd and finished on the 25th.


This is a small gift bag and took my a couple of hours to knit on 16th Feb.


This one was a bit more complicated coz I knitted it in the same pattern as the Autumn sox and had to juggle the number of stitches to accommodate it. It was knitted on the 18th.





This is the third gift bag and was knitted also on the 18th.






I have no pix of the pin wheel blanket coz I keep forgetting to take them. It is being knitted for DH's boss who is expecting her second child in May/June.

So far this year, my sock total is 6.

Right that is the knitting update, now for the kids update!!!


The boys were playing a re-scheduled game down at North Berwick on Sunday 24th and Bob was given "player of the week" for his continued solid performance and for scoring 4 tries.





Not to be left out here is Ronan when he won "Player of the week" way back in January. He doesn't have on a Musselburgh rugby shirt, this is the Mackie Academy FP rugby club shirt. Why is he wearing it? Well Mackie Academy is the High School I went too! Also congratulations to Ronan, who after only 3 months at the swimming club has been "promoted" to the elite swimmers group, where he will swim with the older age group and have a chance of maybe getting picked for East Lothian (but only if he is good enough)

I have tried to add hyper-links but blogger is playing up and doesn't want to comply :(

Hot of the press. DH had an interview today (for the job he has done for the past 4 years!!!!) It is a seasonal job and he has to re-apply every year....don't ask its all red tape and council bureaucracy!! Anyway, that's his boss on the line and he has once more got the job..........Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! More on this later, once I know all the details.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

First....WAY TO GO BOYS!!! You guys are awesome!

Nice sox...I need to get on the ball, I've yet to cast on the first pair this year!

7:05 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Well done boys and DH:))
And I love the February knitting fabulous socks and bags:))

9:35 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Way to go boys, way to go DH, and... wow, awesome knitting!

3:43 am  
Blogger Fred said...

I sympathise with DH as I had something of a similar problem when I worked for the council. I had been temping for them for 5 1/2 months on their internal temp register so not via an agency. It was a two person team and I had done two weeks on my own including pension week which doubled the workload and trained up two people. I was turned down for the job purely on the basis of the interview and not the skills they had seen me exhibit :(

12:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home