Friday, February 17, 2006

I was left speachless!

WOW......I was left speachless this morning when I opened a package from my "Mellow" Secret Pal. I tell you this coz it takes a lot to make me speachless!!!!

Where do I begin to tell you what was in the package...It was like opening "A Magical box" there was so much goodies in it.

There was "Sensational knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch. I have been lusting after this book for ages and now I actually hold it in my hands. The only problem now is deciding which socks to knit first.

Digging deeper into the box was 2 skiens of shepherd sock yarn by Lorna's Laces in colourway "Vera", Which as you can see by the photo browns and pinks. I have never knitted with Lorna's laces yarns before so I am looking forward to that.



Delving deeper into the box there was a bookmark, and a tin of "Crafty Girl" sugar free berry-mints. Once they have been eaten I intend to use the box to keep my stitch markers in, save me from loosing them like I do at the moment!

A sachet of chocolate chai and one of vanilla chai, which I had heard about in knitty
chat, but never tried. Well I had the chocolate one earlier today and I'm hooked, it was gorgeous!!

Lurking in a corner of the box was a brass sheep shaped knitting needle gauge. A most wonderfully useful gadget, now I know what the US needle sizes are in mm, without going online to find out.

THEN right at the bottom of the box was the most amazing item EVER.........

A pattern for a "Peacock Feathers Shawl" designed by Dorothy Siemens for Fiddlesticks Knitting ( http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com )
(Angela/Scott....eat your heart out!!!!!!!! LOL)

All that is left now to say is a really BIG thank you to the greatest Mellow Secret Pal ever. In the words of Tina Turner....you are "Simply the best".....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely selection of goodies. I too have a wonderful Secret Pal, this for me has been wonderful, as I can see it has been for you! LOL Enjoy all your goodies. The book looks great.

8:31 am  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Hi Shona,
What wonderful gifts!
What does a "mellow" Secret Pal mean??

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home