Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal 8 questionaire

Today I got an email from my Blogger Secret Pal 8 hostess to inform me it was time to answer the questions again, so I guess I'd better do that before I forget!!!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer natural fibres, but will knit with wool/mix, but with a higher % of natural fibre to acrylic...i.e sock yarn with wool/nylon content is ok. I hate 100% Acrylic
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a cloth bag that I keep my needles in, which I was given as a xmas present in about 1985! and I have a plastic container for my hooks.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was 6 years old, so that would be approx 38 yeears!!!! I suppose I am advanced in some things and intermediate in others.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do have an Amazon account.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Citrus for bath/shower products, spicy or vanilla for candles.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes I do have a sweet tooth and love Reeses Peanutbutter Cups from USA or any good chocolate i.e Green and Blacks etc
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet, but I did get a drop spindle for xmas which I intend to master before the year is out!!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My favourite artists are Eva Cassidy, Emmy Lou Harris, Bob Dylan, Neil Young (acoustic), Bruce Springsteen, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Runrig, Scottish/Irish Folk, KT Tunstall and 80's stuff. Yes my computer playe MP3's.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favourite colours are Purple, Black, Blue or varigated bright colours. I hate yellows and Orange
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have been married to David for nearly 14 years and we have 2 sons, Ronan aged 10 and Robert aged 7
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and gloves, but not hats. I do have 2 ponchos but rarely wear them.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, Scarves, Shawls
13. What are you knitting right now?
2 shawls, 1 scarf and about to start an other pair of sox
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I do like getting homemade gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I learned to knit on straights, and I do still use them for some things. I use dpns for sox and circulars for larger items like shawls etc. I prefer wood or bamboo for dpns and addi turbos for circs and my straights are mainly aluminium. I mainly use wood crochet hooks.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do have a yarn winder, but would love a swift, but hopefully hubby will buy that for me at xmas time!!
17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me to knit when I was about 6 years old.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably about 6 months old, unless I've forgotten something in the mists of time
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, as I just love seeing the big and small kids faces when they open their pressies on xmas morning.I even like all the preparations for it too!!
20. Is there anything that you collect?
China/glass Thimbles
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Don't think there are any books(but check my Amazon wishlist), yarns, patterns or needles that I despirately need/want at the moment. I subscribe to Interweave knits, Vogue Knitting and Rowan. I buy the British knitting magazines every month as well.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Spinning
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am a sock knitter and I prefer short "trainer" type sock as I have a chunky leg!!! I also have wide feet. Length of foot (from back of heel to tip of toe) = 10.5" (27cm), width of foot = 10.5" (27cm). Help I've got a square foot!!!!!!!! Shoe size 7 (UK)
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
My birthday is 22nd August.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Shona, this is your sock pal writing to thank you for the absolutely beautiful socks! They fit perfectly and are very spiffy! I love the colors. Our weather has been very warm lately, but in Maine you never know when a cold snap will come. If not, I will have a lovely pair of new socks to wear next Fall. Thanks again for the socks, and for the magnet and the candy. I am a big toffee fan, have decided to save this treat for after dinner tonight.

Albest,
Samantha

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home