Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sockpalooza package

Today I got a very pleasant surprise when I opened my front door and discovered Mr Postman had delivered me a package all the way from the USA, Michigan to be exact. Yiphee it was from my sock pal......And what a package.


In side it was the most wonderful pair of thick warm, soft sox, a skein of sock yarn, 3 packets of "Reeses Peanutbutter Cups" (only 2 here as I'd already eaten one before I took the picture!!!!!), and a postcard with a picture of Petroskey stone which is found in Michigan. Not forgetting the sockpalooza label which came with the sox.


The sox are knitted in Lynn's Colour Joy Sock Yarn in Lynnabell which is a gorgeous blue colour. The sock pattern is Shell Lace Socks from "Knitting Vintage Socks" and they have a 3 point star toe.




The skein of yarn is 100g of "A Good Sock Yarn" in Grapes of Wrath colour way. Hand dyed by Rae of Rae's Yarn Boutique in Lansing Michigan, USA. It is 80% wool and 20% nylon. Can't wait to start a pair of sox with it.



Well who sent me this fantastic package......None other than Rae from "Rae's Yarn Boutique" herself. Her blog can be found at http://extravayarnza.typepad.com. Seemingly she has been lurking round my blog for a while so she knew all about my love of Reeses Peanutbutter cups!!!!!!!! THANK YOU RAE..............
My sockpalooza sox were posted last week along with some goodies from Scotland. Hopefully my pal likes them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home