Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Phone Sox

I got a new toy last week......A new mobile phone and within 10 minutes had succeeded in blocking the sim card when I was trying to protect it with a PIN number.....I suppose I should have read the instructions, but I'm not very good at doing that and unfortunately I'm not very good with technology either, so I should have known better. I did manage to get it fixed by going online and getting a PUK number to unblock the card. Now I am having "fun" trying to see what it does (with the instruction book at hand)!!!!!!! When I bought the phone the shop assistant tried to sell me a phone cover for £10!!!!! I took one look at it and said I could knit one easily, so thats just what I did, using odd bits of sock yarn. The yarn used here is Opal Brazil. (Thankx Suzanne for reminding me what it was called!)


When I took my phone into work and the kids saw my phone sox they all wanted one too. So I was kept busy over the next few hours making sox for the kids phones. As they all had different sized phones I had to work out my stitches according to the measurements. (I measured round the width and round the hight of the phone since I was knitting in the round!)



If anyone is interested here is what I did...... Using 3mm dpn and odd bits of sock yarn.
For a phone sized:-
11.5cm x 19cm (4.5" x 7.5") I cast on 30 sts and knitted for 9.5cm (3.75").
13.5cm x 21.5cm (5.25" x 8.5") Cast on 36 sts and knit for 11cm (4.25").
14.5cm x 25.5cm (5.75" x 1o") Cast on 42 sts and knit for 12.5cm (5").

As I gave all the covers away to the kids in the unit, I need to knit an other one for my phone. One of my co-workers has also asked for one .....I wonder if I started a new craze?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home