Thursday, May 04, 2006

World Wide KIP Day

Thought ya all might be interested in this.........

Knitters: Mark your Calendar

More information can be found here htpp://blogher.org/node/4977

World Wide Knit it Public Day will be Saturday June 10th, 2006.

There are organizers planning public knit-ins around the world: Belgium (Brussles), Finland (Joensuu), France (Paris,Amiens), Canada (BC and Yukon), and the United States (Chicago, Iowa, North Carolina) so far.. but more are needed.

A lot of the work is already done. There is a Gathering Template that only needs to be filled out with the specifics. Then blog about the gathering and let your LYS know.

There is a Volunteer Information page for those who want to participate but just can't organize a gathering.

So, where will you be knitting on June 10th?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks interesting. I knit on the bus to work when I travel that way. Sometimes I drive and take a tram from the park & ride which is always too crowded and only 10 minutes anyway. I knit during breaks at work too if the staff room counts as public. In late response to your suggestion I change to blogger, you are quite right, must organise myself. Looking forward to SP8. Hope you have a good round.xxx

9:58 pm  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

oooh, thanks for the heads up! - think that's a Maidstone Knitters meeting day, how convenient :)

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you finished that questionaire all up, 'cause here I am...your spate...S P 8. Yes, in the flesh. And I'm stalking your blog for hints. So leave them for goodness sakes 'cause I'm a very distractable person...One hint. I'm from across the pond -- anything only available here that you've got your heart set on?

Your Secret Pal

2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home